I posted pictures of last week’s event, but never talked about it. It was such a blast! About 20 people played the demo of Vidar (which you can still download and try out!) and the feedback was exactly what I was hoping for. The general attitude about the game was extremely positive, which players all ranking the game a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1-5 for enjoyment. That, and I got some excellent constructive criticism on improving the game. I have an action plan, so here’ s the new goal for the demo, based on player feedback:
- Improve tutorials on controls and puzzle mechanics
- Improve art.
- Include player feedback for interacting with the environment – things like checking out a bookshelf, a clock, whatever should give the player a response.
- Faster transition between the Stranger and Erik
- Make Erik’s puzzle substantially less difficult
- Bug fixes (always bug fixes!)
- Change spawn locations for Erik and Stranger in Erik’s puzzle
A lot of this work is already in progress. Can’t wait to show off the new and improved demo at the next event!