It’s been a busy week on Vidar, here are some highlights!
- Made significant progress on the Ice Cave. The goal is to have the maps and puzzles done by the end of the week, so that dev efforts can focus on the remaining quests in the cave afterwards
- Fixed a bug related to loading external files which could cause a recursion
- Added a cutscene for completing “Faith in the Dead”
- Overcharged the weather – now it’s Vidar with more snow!
- Revised structure for day-end scripts so that it’s more seamless
- Color coded about 60% of the puzzles in the Ice Cave
- Set up the Ice Cave waypoint
- Added voice overs from Tess Baines to the cutscenes established last week
- Encrypted game to allow for distribution
- Re-did Ghost Gabs so that they are more likely to trigger
- Implemented a location tree for Lilja, to update her placement at the beginning of each day
We also started to figure out Steam implementation, now that we’re Greenlit! Unfortunately, after several hours of work it became clear that something had messed up on Steam’s end, so we’re still pending a resolution from them before we can move forward.