Ugh I know, still no patch this week, and I hate to say it but probably not next either. Why? Well the entire conclusion is going into the game, and a lot of polish as well, and basically this ended up being a really big patch. However, a lot of progress was indeed made this week! Here’s what got done:
- Fixed a lot of bugs related to Water Cave puzzle spawning; reduced the time it takes for these puzzles to spawn slightly
- Fixed the spawning of a ton of puzzle elements in the Ruins
- Gargoyles can now slip on ice
- Fixed pathing in the Ruins
- Added shadows in the Ruins
- Fixed various crashes in the Ruins
- Added significant visual improvements to the Boulder Cave, including light, fog, animated tiles, texture, tinting, particle effects, etc.
- Fish no longer climb stairs
- Fish correctly reset when resetting a Water Cave puzzle
- Added weather effects in the Ruins
- Laid the groundwork for various town event cutscenes
- Additional screenshakes and particle effects have been added
Another 5 steam keys went out this week, but the main non-development emphasis has been on putting together the trailer video. That should be out in the next week or two. Becca continues to make progress on the title screen, and Adrian is writing the final confrontation track.
Finally, this will be the last Dev Blog post on the Iron Shoe! I’ll try to check in with more RPG Maker tutorials, but the dev blog itself is moving to the website. Make sure to check it out!